Friday, June 15, 2012

On A Walk



A very old one from my collection !! I am indeed feeling a lack of creativity these days making me repost a   situational one like this. Hope you guys enjoy it.


Dawn has found me unable to sleep;
nothing to do but walk. 
Through gray city streets I make my way 
‘neath a milky sky of chalk. 
While the living dead in silent streams 
play out their mournful roles, 
Hunger wastes their weakened flesh 
as terror grips their souls. 
Near a garbage can a starving mutt 
picks at a rotting bone. 
In a doorway filled with passion's treats 
two desperate lovers moan. 
On and on I trek waiting for the muse 
to fill my empty mind. 
A thousand words roll through my brain, 
but I can't pen one line. 
So in vain I walk these desolate streets 
of loss and silent pain, 
Among the tortured creatures of fate; 
gaunt faces dark and wane, 
Perhaps to find in this wash of souls 
some twisted inspiration. 
Or if truth be told to sate my own 
quiet desperation. 
Through a sobering rain I set my course 
returning to safe haven, 
Along avenues of hopeless yearning, 
past homeless and craven. 
There to nestle in my comfort zone of 
boredom and simple dread, 
Scribbling these heartless strokes of prose, 
sanctifying the dead.
At last to complete this masterpiece of 
profundity so deep. 
Then close my mind, my heart, my soul 
and quickly fall to sleep.

1 comment:

Tarni said...

Life's been busy.. and we became Bee..
Now Busy bee wanders all around the tree
Feel at times to stop and admire,
the flower on that small bush
but forgets the same in the busy rush...

Good to connect again in life dear!

Have fun
"Tarni"