Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Love you Keanu

 


I never wanted a cat. I had always been a dog person since I was a kid. I reluctantly went to the Animal Shelter as my partner wanted to get a cat, and I wanted her to be happy. She and I went through the website before leaving for the shelter, and we had already chosen a kitten we wanted to adopt. She was a cute little thing. But then, when we were playing with her, this little guy grabbed my shirt and called me towards me. He wanted to play too. I loved him so much that I decided then and there that we should get him instead. That was the best decision I ever made. The shelter named him Gonzalez. I named him Keanu. My little beautiful Keanu, who no longer lives with me. I miss him every day. I miss him every second. He is my baby. This poem is for him, borne out of my love for him and the pain that I feel every day that I miss him. Love you, Keanu. 


In the realm of whiskers and gentle purrs,

A tale unfolds of love that stirs.

Let me share the story of a feline star,

A precious companion, my cat Keanu, by far.

 

With eyes of amber, a gaze so deep,

He entered my life a promise to keep.

A playful spirit, a heart so kind,

Keanu, my friend, our fates are forever intertwined.

 

In days gone by, when dusk would fall,

He'd grace my lap, his rightful thrall.

His velvety touch, a soothing balm,

As we shared secrets, our souls were calm.

 

Through sunlit beams and shadows cast,

We danced as one, a perfect contrast.

His nimble paws, a ballet so sweet,

Tapping to the rhythm of love's heartbeat.

 

Oh, Keanu, you filled my days with grace,

With each tender meow, a warm embrace.

You taught me patience, compassion too,

A bond unbroken, through and through.

 

In twilight's hush, our whispers exchanged,

A symphony of love, forever unchanged.

From chasing shadows to midnight strolls,

Together we ventured, our spirits unrolls.

 

Through all the years, your presence has been divine,

You brought solace and joy, a love so fine.

In memories weaved, your paw prints remain,

Etched in my heart, an eternal refrain.

 

Though time may separate us, it seems,

I hold you close, within my dreams.

For you, dear Keanu, my soul does yearn,

A cherished connection, forever to discern.

 

So, my furry friend, on this poetic page,

I celebrate you, my life's true sage.

In every small thing you do and say,

You've left an indelible mark, In every way.

No comments: